Monday, June 7, 2010

Mini Album

I made this mini album as a gift for my mom's birthday that is this week. I worked on it over the weekend and it took a while but was a lot of fun. It was my first attempt at creating one of these and I definitely learned a lot that I will remember for next time. I have to thank Tammy at Creative Critters Cricut Club for her wonderful instructions on making a mini-album. (http://www.cricutcritters.com/2010/04/plantin-schoolbook-christmas-cheer-file.html
I think my mom will really love it! I used a paper stack by K&and Company and cuts from Plantain School Book (the tags), Walk in my Garden (flowers), and Beyond Birthdays ('mom' and 'love'). I also used a few stickers from an ATD Born to Be Wild pack.  I found it helped to have a theme which really pulled together the paper and all the die cuts. My mom loves her garden so the flowers worked out nicely. Hope you enjoy! I have been busy making a lot of cards and will post them later this week.



3 comments:

  1. Ashery! I LOVE your mini accordion album!! You did such a GREAT job! Beautiful paper choices, your colors are just gorgeous! I really like how you used the ribbon to tie the book closed! Thank you so much for posting this, you just don't know how much it means to me to know that I was able to share something with someone and then that person is sharing it with others!! Oh! And I'm a follower of your blog now too! Do you mind if I link to your blog from mine?

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini album is beautiful!! It is simply wonderful!! I love making mini albums and you have inspired me to make yet another!! Thanks to Tammy for being so generous with her tutorials!! It's so much fun learning new things!!
    Keep up the great work, Ashery!! I am now a follower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, I would be honored to have a link on your blog. I really appreciate your kind words, you are truly inspirational to me. :)

    ReplyDelete